Thank you for considering an appointment with Sydney Psychogeriatric Clinic. Please find an outline of the referral process below.
You or your doctor should kindly forward a referral letter to our clinic.
A referral letter generally contains:
- Details of your general practitioner (name, address)
- Details of your referring doctor (if different from your general practitioner)
- Your details (full name, address, phone number, email address, next of kin)
- Reasons for your referral
- Your past medical history, medications, allergies
- Investigations results
Referrals may be sent via:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 02 9182 7578
All referrals will be reviewed by a psychiatrist within 72 hours and triaged based on clinical need.
During this process, clinic staff may contact you to gain additional information regarding your referral and circumstances.
Clinic staff will contact you to arrange an appointment time.
Kindly ready the following in preparation for your appointment:
- Identification (e.g. drivers license, Medicare card)
- Any recent investigation results (e.g. recent blood test results, recent ECG reports, CT scan results, MRI scan results)
- Any recent correspondences from other doctors